cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of my photos are uploading again to my Dropbox app, after restoring my iPhone.

All of my photos are uploading again to my Dropbox app, after restoring my iPhone.

sushidestroyer
New member | Level 2

Hi, I use Dropbox Plus on my work computer and iPhone (just used as a camera). I have restored the iPhone, which involved copying the photos back to it. Dropbox is now trying to sync all of the photos again. This is my work phone that I use for product photography, so it' trying to sync 13,000+ photos.

Is it possible to tell the service to sync only media after a certain date, or is there a way to force it to see that the bulk of the photos have been sync'ed previously?

Thanks so much.

2 Replies 2

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @sushidestroyer! Welcome to our forum. 

Do you mean that you’ve enabled camera uploads on your iPhone and the Dropbox mobile app is trying to automatically upload your previous photos again, even though they’ve been uploaded to your account already?

If yes, what I can perhaps suggest is to clear the Dropbox app’s cache (from the Account tab > gear icon), turn off camera uploads for now and log out of the Dropbox app. Is the app still uploading the photos after logging back in again? 

If not, you can go again to your camera uploads settings and set it to upload/back up “new photos only”.

Let me know if that helps.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rich
Super User II

@sushidestroyer wrote:

I have restored the iPhone, which involved copying the photos back to it. Dropbox is now trying to sync all of the photos again.

Just to add... that's likely why it's happening. It doesn't matter that they're the same photos. Copying them back to the phone makes them look like new photos added to the camera roll, so Dropbox uploads them.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?