cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Your Dropbox Business team has been downgraded and files have stopped syncing. See next steps.

Account Downgraded - no new Smart Sync

__user
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

My desktop app has just displayed a warning: "Account Downgraded - No new online-only files can be created using Smart Sync."

Screenshot 2018-08-20 14.41.15.png

I have a DB Business and a DB Personal account. I've checked with the admin of my business account and nothing has changed on their end. 

Can someone help me figure out what's happening?

Thanks.

17 Replies 17

gibbonsl
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I just got the same message. My bill is paid until May 2023 and my account is far from full.

POConnor412
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just happened to me as well, even though my account has not been downgraded and is also paid in advance until August.

Marc Quinlivan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have this same issue since about 40 minutes ago.

Dropbox Plus 2TB plan due for renewal on January 5th.

POConnor412
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Sounds like they spammed us all with a false notification.

Mine was followed by a brief access outage on desktop, though mobile access was not interrupted.

gibbonsl
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes, I'm not getting the message anymore and nothing has changed, so I guess/hope it was just a blip at Dropbox's end. Would be nice to hear from Dropbox themselves.

Soliddev
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yesterday, whilst Dropbox was just in the background, I received a very brief popup message saying that my account had been downgraded and that I could no longer have items as only online (IE not duplicated on my local system) This was a surprise to me as I had not requested any change and my subscription is fully up to date and paid for. Any ideas what this is about? If true then it will have a big impact on my local storage as I keep a large number of customer's CAD files as backups on Dropbox and this will effectively almost double my local requirement.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all, thanks for flagging this with us. 

I just wanted to mention that there was a small shortage yesterday which should be resolved now.

Could you let us know if you're still experiencing any issues? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

gibbonsl
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

No current issues. Laura

Need more support?