cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Dropbox for macOS on File Provider is now ready" but I don't want install this.

"Dropbox for macOS on File Provider is now ready" but I don't want install this.

lxblanco
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi I'm on macOS 14.4.1 and Dropbox keeps giving me the notification "Dropbox for macOS on File Provider is now ready", but I don't want install this update.

Is there a solution to stop receiving this message without having to install the update?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lxblanco
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan,

Thank you very much for your response.

I'm sorry, I don't know what happened but that message has not been displayed again and the update was not installed. That's exactly what I was looking for: stop getting the message without having to install the update.

I hope it doesn't happen again.

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @lxblanco, welcome to our Community! 

I'm afraid there's no way to avoid receiving this pop-up, but let's check together.

When did this start happening? Would you mind sending me a screenshot of the notification that you received on your Mac device, in order for me to have a visual? 

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lxblanco
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan,

Thank you very much for your response.

I'm sorry, I don't know what happened but that message has not been displayed again and the update was not installed. That's exactly what I was looking for: stop getting the message without having to install the update.

I hope it doesn't happen again.

Regards.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Awesome news @lxblanco, thanks for letting me know! 

If you need anything else, we'll be one post away. Enjoy the rest of your week ahead! 😎

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rory M.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Wise decision, I opted to go for the DropBox macOS on FileProvider update, and it completed [profanity removed per the Community's Guidelines] my machine. Finder became completely unresponsive almost immediately upon update, I could access pre-existing files no problem, but could not save new files or move files without massive lags and often Finder would just completely stall. Force restarting Finder did not help. Ultimately, I uninstalled DropBox, turned off iCloud Drive, turned it back on.

While DropBox was installed and Finder was malfunctioning, fileproviderd process in activity monitor was using 100%--150% CPU, killing the process did not help. 

@dropbox: shame on you for shipping this garbage. 

@Users: DO NOT "UPDATE" to FileProvider version, it's trash.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @Rory M.3 - thanks for your feedback on this and sharing your experience with us.

I've logged it in our system and you can let us know if you have anything else to add.

If you happen to have the desktop app installed and you'd like to troubleshoot this further, just let us know. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?