cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: file link between 2 lenovo comuters work, recently added a Dell. the link ..problem....

file link between 2 lenovo comuters work, recently added a Dell. the link ..problem....

lawre
Explorer | Level 3

I am using a program that "upon opening the programautomatically recalls the files you worked on last session".

(this normally involves about 10 files, under the same sub-folder).

This works very well between Lenovo-A and Lenovo-B , and in the past, with all my Lenovo, Asus, Fujitsu laptops for the past 12 years.

2 days ago, purchased a Dell desktop,

and that functionality of

"upon opening the programautomatically recalls the files you worked on last session".

has malfunctioned.......

...msg is ....."cannot find find files under directory user name...."

I know that all computers have different user-name directories, but this hasn't been issue before.

The malfuction only happens with Dell and Lenovo-A.

but works fine between Dell and Lenovo-B, and between Lenovo-A and Lenovo-B.

uninstalled Dropbox on both computers

uninstalled the Program on Dell,

FULL RESET of windows and data, on Dell.

Still malfunctions.

I know that this is a small malfuction, but i have to do this about 3 times per day.

And feel this shouln't be a problem in this age.....

Is there something that i m missing?

thankyou

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@lawre wrote:

I am using a program that "upon opening the programautomatically recalls the files you worked on last session".

This is a third-party program you're using along side Dropbox? If so, how does this relate to Dropbox?

Assuming it's looking for files in your Dropbox, are those files marked as Available Offline (green check mark on them)? Did you use the backup feature on the new computer, which relocates key folders (Desktop, Documents, etc.) into your Dropbox folder?

We'll need more details to understand how or if this relates to Dropbox.

lawre
Explorer | Level 3

thankyou for your direction.

i had to see if it was a dropbox issue or windows issue.

simply tried the same files, copied them onto OneDrive....

same issue....

therefore, NOT a Dropbox issue,

but a windows issue,

stopped the synchronization among apps on different computers,

didn't fix the issue......

Need more support?