cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DropBox Sync Issue After MacOS Sonoma Update

Won't stop indexing on Mac

msheppard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I installed the mac dropbox update and the application began indexing my files. It has now been stuck for the last few days. I can only access some files. Many are now only available through dropbox.com and not in my app. If I add files to dropbox.com they are added to the indexing queue of the desktop app, but no progress is made regarding indexing. I've tried signing out, quitting, uninstalling, and reinstalling. I've seen similar threads, but no solutions have worked for me. Any help is much appreciated.

383 Replies 383

LanceBurk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello all, 

I finally found success! Now my files are syncing and updating across all devices. To achieve this I logged out of my Dropbox account and logged back in. Next, the files began indexing and syncing automatically.

Where as before I had the "Indexing..." forever message, now I see the actual files syncing, indexing and updating.  

I know the process was working correctly because files which had been edited and changed since I updated to Sonoma also were syncing. The process took all day yesterday. Some large video files took longer to update and sync.  

LanceBurk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm using Dropbox v184.4.6543. 

cloudres
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

@LanceBurk could you kindly tell me if you had any files that weren't synchronized before deciding to log out?

As I was explaining, my concern is that by logging out, all the files added to the synchronized folders this week, which are currently only locally stored, might get deleted when Dropbox attempts to resynchronize everything.

cloudres
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

@CHRISTIAN ARCOS if you have a business account, you should be able to restore deleted files within a certain number of days. Have you tried?

jameelalayyan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've been experiencing similar issues where Dropbox is stating it cannot sync due to being out of storage. However, I have plenty of storage available. I've tried everything. Rebooting, restarting app, reinstalling app, and nothing works. It starts syncing, and then completely stops mid-sync. On top of all this, it doesn't have the finder features anymore. Finder dropbox features completely disappeared after updating. 

Nate D
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Is there a confirmed by DropBox issue with Sonoma?  I have an email from them closing my ticket and saying it's an Apple issue but now they won't answer the question when I ask and I don't believe I saw anything in this thread where a DropBox employee admits an issue (lot's of completely unprofessional "sign out and sign back in!" mess).  

Speaking of unprofessional, I"m a huge DropBox fan and proselytizer, but their handling of this appears to be a disaster - especially for a company you're trusting with your data, etc.  

Nate D
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Christian, thanks for the info however distressing.  It may be time to go to executives at DropBox for some additional clarity and then make a decision on usage. 

LanceBurk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Greetings Cloudres,

I did have some files which had not synchronized before switching to Sonoma. The files synched and updated after I logged off and back onto my account. I still have some minor glitches. Example, Dropbox states "One file is uploading and four are downloading..." The Dropbox version is v185.4.59963. I don't believe I've lost any files during the sync issue. In the interim, I'm saving my files iCloud Drive.    

cloudres
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

@Ulrich Cimolino a lot of us are occurring the same issue. On this thread you can find more. We're waiting that DropBox fix the issue or that they release a tutorial to follow to fix the issue.

Ilariavanni
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem.

Need more support?