cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to move files in Replay from a project to another project or the 'root' folder

Unable to move files in Replay from a project to another project or the 'root' folder

Fred Schenk
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I did manage to create a project and move files from the 'Your Work' to the project (would like to be able to export the file to these projects directly, but this is a minor annoyance). However, I can't move this file back to the root or another project folder. It lets me choose the move option, but it only shows the current projects.

Trying copy doesn't work either, but it lets me see the Your Work and other project folders.

#replay #projects #move

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Fred Schenk, thanks for posting to our Community! 

Keep in mind that once a file is inside a project, there's no way to move it outside into either "Your work" or another project. 

This gets reflected when you click the "Move to folder" option in the context menu where it only shows you the folder tree for the project you're currently in. 

I hope this clarifies. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Fred Schenk, thanks for posting to our Community! 

Keep in mind that once a file is inside a project, there's no way to move it outside into either "Your work" or another project. 

This gets reflected when you click the "Move to folder" option in the context menu where it only shows you the folder tree for the project you're currently in. 

I hope this clarifies. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

whitstep
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm curious if there's any workaround for this—I accidentally moved videos into the wrong project and can't figure out a way to get them into the correct project. There's a "copy to project" option, and while it opens up the correct project when I click that option, the video isn't actually copied into the new project. Help!

Fred Schenk
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The only way I have found, is by removing the video from the wrong project and uploading it once again. And loosing all the comments in the proces.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Fred Schenk Explorer | Level 4
    whitstep New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?