cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Linux Dropbox registration still does not work

URL to link account in Linux does not work

muxxum
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm trying to install in Linux. I have the app installed but when it brings up the URL to link your account to the computer the URL is not valid. It does not work.  I can relaunch dropbox and it brings up another invalid URL.

There is also no options I can find other than this invalid URL to link the account and get dropbox working.

Where can I get a valid URL to link my computer?  How can I make this work?  Or do I need to find another service?

47 Replies 47

manuel_ventura
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I upgraded Kubuntu to 23.04 from 22.04 and I'm getting now the error on Chrome Browser. My laptop still running 22.04 and has not a problem. I have only one device registered in my account.

moksahero
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

lagunare
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@WalterPlease remove the solved from this thread

TempusNemini
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The same problem on one of my laptops.

All of them are the same config (running Arch) and only one have this problem.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey everyone! 

Anyone who still has issues with this, please log a ticket with our support team via this page

If, for any reason, you have trouble doing so, let me know here.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

pk14
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

it's still NOT solved. Opening a ticket is NO solution. A solution would be the restoration of functionality as it was all the years before last week.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Nancy wrote:

Anyone who still has issues with this, please log a ticket with our support team via this page

Hi @Nancy,

Did you try install the application? 🤔 If so, did it start work immediately? If so, you're lucky girl! 😉 Try unlink  and relink anew (if needed multiple times); for sure will get to described situation.

Once there you can describe it (in support ticket if you want) much better. 🙋 Don't you agree?

pk14
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I tried it with the support chat. That was not helpful at all. I won't waste more time on this.

Either the Dropbox programmers fix *their* error within days or we'll move on to another product.

manuel_ventura
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Nancy, the app sends me to the following URL to sign in: https://www.dropbox.com/cli_link_nonce?nonce=2bca48a0919daf5f2c7828b0972a4f93

It appears there is a problem at this address or is an invalid one.

Regards

Manuel

Need more support?