cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Trouble logging into my Dropbox desktop app after moving Dropbox folder

Trouble logging into my Dropbox desktop app after moving Dropbox folder

Pavel_G49
Explorer | Level 3

My local drive C got filled up so the files in my dropbox stopped syncing to my computer. I tried moving the Dropbox to other drive , but it seems i didn’t move it appropriately and the Dropbox stopped working. I uninstalled the app and tried downloading it but the Dropbox installer keeps showing an error that refuses to install the app.
So now i collected the Dropbox from a friend’s system and tried signing in, but it doesn’t loggin on the app only on chrome

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Pavel_G49 - sorry to jump in here, but could you try creating a new OS profile or start your device on Safe Mode and let us know if this persists?

If you have any antivirus or firewalls or VPN/proxy settings on your computer, you can temporarily disable them as well. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to see that you're having trouble with our desktop app, @Pavel_G49.

Can you perhaps send us some screenshots showing these issues you're having, so we can have a visual as well?

How did you collect Dropbox from someone else's computer and why isn't the app allowing you to sign in?

Any additional details would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Pavel_G49
Explorer | Level 3
I sent the dropbox folder from my friend’s program file in his laptop to a flash drive, then to my laptop.
And for the photos I’m writing from my phone and I can’t see an option to attach a picture but here is what is written on the display “Dropbox installer”
Dropbox Update installation failed with error 0×80004002.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update, @Pavel_G49.

Can you try a more advanced reinstall of the Dropbox app, to see if that helps?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Pavel_G49
Explorer | Level 3
I have tried the advanced reinstall and it did help to successfully install the app thankfully but the problem now is the app doesn’t open it just keeps redirecting to the web browser i.e “the app doesn’t open “ . After the installation and you click OPEN SIGN IN on the welcome to Dropbox page it redirects you to a webpage with the icon written OPEN DROPBOX which I clicked it brings me back to the Dropbox welcome page “leave this screen open. A sign in prompt will appear “. It’s being repeating itself like that all through I tried restarting the laptop but the same situation, the app doesn’t seem to open it just keeps redirecting to web browser all over again.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Pavel_G49 - sorry to jump in here, but could you try creating a new OS profile or start your device on Safe Mode and let us know if this persists?

If you have any antivirus or firewalls or VPN/proxy settings on your computer, you can temporarily disable them as well. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Pavel_G49
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks for assistance.. restarted the system on safe mode and it’s working now 👍
Need more support?