cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The Dropbox app won't launch on my PC

The Dropbox app won't launch on my PC

Bob4244
Helpful | Level 5

Hello.  The Dropbox App on my Windows 10 PC isn't launching any more. I've used this Dropbox setup for years, have made no changes to my PC (Windows 10) or security (that I'm aware of), yet when I click on the Dropbox tray icon (or from the actual Program app location on the C drive) I get the normal "progress spin pop up" for 3 seconds, then nothing. I Rebooted the PC = nothing. I uninstalled the App using Revo Uninstaller, Restarted, Reloaded = works once, close, then attempt to open Dropbox again = same problem. I checked the Community posting, but no luck. I opened Task Manager to the Dropbox processes, opened "Details" and this is the screenshot. I don't know if this is meaningful information. Suggestions? Thanks.

Screenshot (495).png

31 Replies 31

BKiwi
New member | Level 2

I had the same problem and didn’t really want to have to re-install.

Open Dropbox upon startup’ was enabled but it wouldn’t start unless I opened it manually however I did fix it without having to re-install:

1. I turned off ‘Open Dropbox upon startup’ in preferences.
  2. Shut down the computer.
  3. Restarted the computer and turned ‘Open Dropbox upon startup’ back on.
  4. Shut down and restarted the computer and it launched like it should without me having to do it manually.
  5. Shut down and restarted a couple more times and it has launched every time.

T_theresa_A
Community Manager

Hi @BKiwi  thanks so much for your helpful contribution, especially for your first comment! I’m Theresa, one of the Community Managers here at Dropbox. I’d love to hear more about how you use Dropbox, like what’s your favourite feature or maybe a tip you’d give to a new user? You never know, we might even have some cool tips to share with you or ideas you could pass along to our team 😸

Need more support?