cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Remove the app but leave the documents inside my account.

Remove the app but leave the documents inside my account.

alexcapelo
New member | Level 2

Hi everyone.

I have my Dropbox synced with 5 devices (iMac, MacBook, 2 iphones, and 1 Windows PC), but it's mirroring the iMac.

My purpose is to stop syncing the iMac (I'm selling it) but leave all documents in Dropbox itself, and not on the computer.

I'm afraid that if I stop syncing, all documents will stay in the computer and I'll have to upload them all again without the mirror active, to later delete them. I haven't found a way to do it.

Is it possible?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @alexcapelo, welcome to our Community! 

Let's jump right into this!

When you say that your account is "mirroring" with the iMac, do you mean that the rest of the devices show different content? Also, when you mention mirroring are you talking about the syncing process? If you mean something entirely different, by all means let me know. 

If your iMac is syncing with your account online, and you can see all of your files there then you'd be safe to proceed, by uninstalling the app. 

Once you do that, then you're also free to delete your content locally, since that won't affect your files online. 

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

alexcapelo
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan,

Thank you!

When I got Dropbox, I installed it on the computer, and mirror it to the iMac, meaning documents were in the computer, and Dropbox would be a bridge to other devices.  At least it was what I intended and did it with someone on chat from Dropbox to help me go through it.

I canceled iMacs' link from Dropbox online, let's see what happened. 

I'll be back.

Thank you for your prompt response

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Definitely take all the time you need and let us know if you have more news and updates @alexcapelo! 😀

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?