cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions about syncing being stuck, how to exclude folders from the Photos tab & more.

Opinions about syncing being stuck, how to exclude folders from the Photos tab & more.

AJB116
Explorer | Level 3

It's a shame if you do and a shame if you don't. 

For a company that deals with files, file storage, and cloud storage systems, your methods simply suck. Everything is slow and the tools are a high school kid's side project. Who wants to use your password manager? Or document editor? PDF editor? No! We came here for storage, and we get half-heartedly made side projects that are of no benefit to anyone and that have already excellent alternatives. There are plenty of better password managers than yours, think LastPass, 1Password, BitWarden, and even PassKeeXC can do a better job than yours. We have MS Word and Google Docs for text/word editors, we have Adobe Acrobat for PDF creating and editing. The one thing that you actually have, you decided to neglect? What is this?

Why in the world does syncing my files take space on my Mac when I specified "Online-only"? OneDrive did not, Google Drive did not, iCloud did not. Why does yours? Also, It's been two days of syncing and it's still "Updating" on business internet with gig-speeds. OneDrive didn't take that long . . . Why does Dropbox? Please do something about this. 

The pictures tab . . . why can't I exclude folders from showing up there? I have Anki decks backed up, and I don't need to see the pictures stored in there. I know if you did use Dropbox, you wouldn't either. I have .dmg files, and I don't need to see app icons in my Photos tab. Do you?

How about duplicates? Your website is so freaking slow, that to look for duplicates and save space is not a feasible option. So . . . what do you propose the solution be? Let it be this way so that our storage is full and we have to upgrade and pay you more? Is that your business plan? Fix it.

Also, I already have a 2-TB subscription. The "View upgrade options" button is unnecessary and takes more space than any other button or icon. This is ridiculous. Put that button somewhere else. The top corner is for my account icon. Do better. 

Make it easy to work and manipulate files around. FOCUS!

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @AJB116, thanks for posting here! 

Your feedback regarding all the things you mentioned, such as the Photos tab, the upgrade button & duplicates has been very valuable and I will endeavor to make sure your voice is heard.

We listen to your needs because it allows us to fully appreciate how Dropbox fits into and influences your daily routine, therefore I will pass on your comments to the relevant departments so that we can further improve our product. 

You also mentioned some issues with your desktop app, that I'd like for us to investigate if you wish. 

Let's start with the OS you're using, and the app's version along with its syncing status

Can you send over a screenshot of any files/folders currently set to sync as online-only, which are still taking up space from your hard drive? I’d like to check the syncing icons next to them.

Also, please take one more step with me, and right click on these files, select Properties/Get info, and send me a screenshot of the next window you’ll see. 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?