cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My files are updated, and with all the syncing icons, but the app is still syncing.

My files are updated, and with all the syncing icons, but the app is still syncing.

Sadie99
New member | Level 2

Hello, can anyone shed light on what is going on?

In the Dropbox folder in Windows explorer, all folders in the main root directory have a solid green circle with a white checkmark. So do all the individual files in the rood directory.

Even though this is the case, my dropbox software has a list of files which say "Waiting to sync". The blue bar fills and the message turned to "Download complete".

At the bottom it says "Your files are up to date".

Sadie99_0-1729804631927.png

When i try to open some files I ger an error of: "The directory name is invalid".

The green circle should mean that the folder and all files in it are available locally.

Sadie99_0-1729804884176.png

What is going on here?

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Sadie99, let's jump right into this! 

Would you mind clarifying the device's OS, along with the Dropbox version you're using on your end? 

You can find this by hovering your mouse over your little Dropbox icon, next to your WiFi. Also, can you send me a screenshot of your syncing status, please?

In regards to the error you get when trying to open your files. Does this happen with all of your files, or some of them? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?