cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library error on dropboxupdate.exe, R6030 CRT not initialized

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library error on dropboxupdate.exe, R6030 CRT not initialized

Feriman
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I got this error message today, after login into my computer. How can I solve it?

I use Windows 10 LTSC.

dropbox-error.png 

Thanks,

Feriman

40 Replies 40

joeseph
New member | Level 2

I met this problem also in Win11, now the version is 22H2, 22621.1413. This problem was met in 2-3 months. After clicking OK, nothing happened, the Dropbox work looks normal, and the file synchronization is normal. 

In my operation system, there is antivirus software, windows defender, brought by Win 11 operation system itself. and it looks good, except for the 'device security -  core isolation' function has a yellow warning sign.

How can fix this problem? Is there some affection for file synchronizing or security?

Expect the method of problem solving.

Thanks

HemiBob
New member | Level 2

Download didn't work, just keeps failing.
Your website said to download the FULL version, that failed as well.
Then your website said "Problems downloading?Try again"
That keeps failing too "Download Dropbox failed trying again in x seconds but just keeps on round in circles

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @HemiBob, could you try using a different browser to download the file? 

Do you have any proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

gh221
New member | Level 2

I'm getting the same error now and then, typically on waking from sleep. I'm using no third-party tools that would affect it.

The error message isn't some user error or temporary issue - it's a significant bug in the coding of dropboxupdater around the use of static vs dynamic linking. You need to inform your developers of the issue, rather than just telling users to restart.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for letting us know, @gh221.

The proper team is aware and currently investigating this issue.

Once we have more info, we'll update you as well.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

swfirst
New member | Level 2

Any update on this?  I see this on all new computers with Windows 11 64bit Build 22H2 when a user has no admin rights.  This does not appear to be an issue if they have admin rights.  Never a problem until recently.  Can we stop the message somehow?

duane777
New member | Level 2

I also am seeing this problem also. I noticed it about a month ago, when I also found that DropBox was saying it was up to date, but not syncing anything. After trying the troubleshooting steps, I uninstalled and reinstalled DropBox; the the file syncing started working again. Looking at the error message again today - and the DropBox Update process shown in task manager was just sitting there idle. I quit DropBox, waited until all of the processes had stopped in Task Manager, restarted the DropBox service for good measure, then started DropBox from the start menu. Everything came up normally then, and changing a file synced normally.

I am running Windows 10 22H2 OS Build 19045.3324. I have admin rights to this laptop. My admin account is a Microsoft account, not a local one.

IMO it looks like an issue with the DropBox updater trying to run before it can access the VCC runtime - or perhaps the runtime is timing out a network connection before the network is ready. Either way, looks like a bug in the design related to startup timing, since at least for me it works fine when DropBox is quit and restarted in the same session. It would also explain why it stopped syncing for me - perhaps the software was repeated failing to update.

l1chtjäg3r
Explorer | Level 4

Same message for the first time here this morning on startup. It appeared before log in.

Win11 22H2 (Build 22621.2134)

Dropbox 184.4.6543

Windows user has admin rights and is not connected to MS-Account.

Cheers, Chris

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @l1chtjäg3r, sorry to hear about this.

Does the error affect your work in some way or is it just a visual issue?

Have you rebooted your computer to see if this persists?

Any additional information you can share is more than welcome, Chris. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

l1chtjäg3r
Explorer | Level 4

Walter, appears to be just a "visual issue" upon having a closer look:

Before restarting I checked if sync worked - it did. 

After rebooting the message appeared neither before nor after login and sync works fine.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jjo5566 New member | Level 2
    Blackdow Helpful | Level 5
    JoergFr New member | Level 2
    Tabour New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?