cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MacOS Users Severely Punished?

MacOS Users Severely Punished?

anotheruserhere
Helpful | Level 6

Hello- I'm a very long time DropBox supporter with both family plans and business plans for my small business.

Want to double check what I'm finding for Mac Users. The following document outlines features Mac Users (who have an updated OS) won't have on Mac:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs/macos-support-for-expected-changes

- Spotlight searches don't entirely work- This explains a lot and is a HUGE hassle for both the home and company users.

Actions involving a large number of files can take longer than usual to complete- If this is true, this is awful for business users (or any users really).

- LAN Sync is currently not supported on Dropbox for macOS- Again, this is terrible. This is especially awful for small business users.

- Some downloaded files won’t display as occupying disk space- This also ties into not being able to open online files from within application. This has been going on WAY too long and needs to be fixed.

- Some newly added files will default to online-only- How is a user supposed to count on Dropbox is this isn't working correctly. This is also terrible for mobile users. What happens if you're on a plane and you suddenly realized DropBox dropped the ball and you can't get a file for the remainder of your flight.

So the question is: I'm paying a premium price for this service: Both for my family and my business account. DropBox is definitely a premium price compared to the others, but I'm not getting all the features: Especially extremely important features like the ones above. Is this document actually correct and if so: a) Am I getting a discount from DropBox since they aren't able to serve Mac customers as promised and b) Are there any timelines on when this is going to be fixed?

This is really awful service towards Mac customers. Maybe this is a known thing but this is pretty bad.

Am I missing anything or is this all correct?

10 Replies 10

MacSufferer
New member | Level 2

I have used dropbox in multiple accounts, for personal and small business. It has now become officially and totally useless for Mac users. I am trying to figure out how to just get all of my files and delete it, but of course they make that as hard as possible. Never more. As someone who has been a tech company CEO, I find it hard to imagine how staggeringly stupid whatever Dropbox thinks they are doing is doing to their customer service and business model. They should be embarrassed, but I imagine they will also be losing a hell of lot more Mac users, so I can take some comfort in that

Need more support?