cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Sequoia is arriving. Is DropBox ready?

Mac OS Sequoia is arriving. Is DropBox ready?

cloudres
Experienced | Level 11

Hi everyone, who remembers the chaos that happened last year with the Mac OS Sonoma update and all the issues we had with DropBox? There was a particular version that caused syncing to go haywire. I remember it all too well, as it took us almost a month to figure out how to fix the problem.

What will happen with Mac OS Sequoia? I admit, I'm quite anxious and would appreciate some reassurance from the DropBox team.

Thanks.

16 Replies 16

kiwi-racer
New member | Level 2

Nope, does not work..  

dropbox.mac.internal.MacError: [Errno -2001] Error Domain=NSFileProviderErrorDomain Code=-2001 "No valid file provider found with identifier ‘com.getdropbox.dropbox.fileprovider/b4e79465-0da5-40ac-bc27-fc55accddebc’." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=No valid file provider found with identifier ‘com.getdropbox.dropbox.fileprovider/b4e79465-0da5-40ac-bc27-fc55accddebc’., NSUnderlyingError=0x600001e14390 {Error Domain=NSFileProviderErrorDomain Code=-2012 "(null)"}}

JasonL888
New member | Level 2

not working for me  ... kept showing connect

but i noticed, if i disable the macos firewall it works ... not that i would ever recommend anyone do ... hopefully that helps with the dev troubleshooting 🙂 

kiwi-racer
New member | Level 2

On a subsequent reboot it's working, I never saw a request for dropbox to use network services (I did for many other apps - who were written to work inside the new security changes in this OS releaase) it could be firewall related like Jason mentioned above.

zmre
Explorer | Level 4

Yeah, the answer is no.  DropBox missed the memo about testing against the latest OS.  I'm getting a different error from others:

"Couldn't start Dropbox. This may be a temporary error. Please restart Dropbox." (remedy does not work)

In their logs it has this:

dropbox.mac.internal.MacError: [Errno 4097] Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4097 "connection to service named com.apple.FileProvider" UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=connection to service named com.apple.FileProvider}

and a trace through a bunch of python files.

It's the only thing on my system that has failed (that I've noticed) since upgrading to MacOS 15 / Sequoia.  Pretty disappointing.

cloudres
Experienced | Level 11

@zmreso you're saying that the trend with Dropbox is to start working on new operating systems only once they're launched on the market, rather than during the beta versions?

cloudres
Experienced | Level 11

Still no feedback here. Why treat users like this? Isn’t there some form of respect for customers in the US? Isn’t there some kind of customer care? Just let me know if it’s compatible or not, so I can proceed with the upgrade.

Surething
Explorer | Level 3

To add Dropbox to the Firewall rules and allow incoming connections

/usr/libexec/ApplicationFirewall/socketfilterfw --add /Applications/Dropbox.app

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Surething Explorer | Level 3
    cloudres Experienced | Level 11
    zmre Explorer | Level 4
    kiwi-racer New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?