cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC dropbox sync seems to be permanently paused.

MAC dropbox sync seems to be permanently paused.

Doug49
Explorer | Level 3

On a MAC I have set the Dropbox offline folder onto a spare drive location as there is insufficient room on the boot drive. I have set the location permissions suitably (I think). I've ticked all the sync folders to auto sync. When I add files to the Dropbox folder anywhere they are never automatically synced. I can force sync if I go to Pause sync for 30 mins and then manually Resume. How can I get changes to automatically sync as they do on a Windows computer.

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Is this the whole \Dropbox\ folder you have moved? If so it should work. 

However, that said, Dropbox doesnt play well with external drives - it doesnt detect the changes as the 'flags' for this are done. If there not syncing you can either run a script to pause/unpause which will reindex it or move it to an internal drive. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Doug49
Explorer | Level 3

Yes its the whole folder. Apart from the auto sync it works correctly. I don't know how anything about scripting - any clues? 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Doug49 Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?