cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update to Dropbox for macOS on File Provider?

How to update to Dropbox for macOS on File Provider?

ingrid10
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue another user @skotov had a few months ago with Dropbox on my new MacBook Pro (running macOS 15.0.1) telling me I'm ineligible for the Dropbox update for macOS on File Provider. (This is shown under Dropbox Preferences under the Sync tab). The previous thread where @skotov had the same issue did not provide much help for other users like myself having the same issue since it seems that over time the issue just solved itself for @skotov. The link to the thread I'm referencing is here https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Apps-and-Installations/How-to-upgrade-to-Dropbox-for-macOS-on-File-P...

This is causing me issues and holding me back at my new job! How can I get the upgrade? Do I need to look into Apple's NS File Provider Extensions?

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ingrid10, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you have any external drives connected to your device at the moment? 

And if you hover over your Dropbox icon, which version do you have installed?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LynnDbx
Dropbox Engineer

@ingrid10 Hi, I've checked and it looks like you are on a team that has not opted into this update yet. In order to be eligible for the Dropbox update for macOS while on a team, your team's admin must opt-in before any team members can perform the update. Here's more information: https://help.dropbox.com/installs/macos-for-teams. Separately, we'll work on improving the messaging in product to make this more clear.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

LynnDbx Dropbox Engineer
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?