cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to turn off notification "Because it's online-only it won't be moved to your Recycle bi

How to turn off notification "Because it's online-only it won't be moved to your Recycle bin"

Maxim K.6
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Does someone know, how to turn off this annoying notification?

"Delete xxx.xxx? Because it's online-only it won't be moved to your Recycle bin"?

30 Replies 30

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @nicolas r.6, thanks for joining the discussion here!

Please check out my post above when you have the time and let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nicolas r.6
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

i did it is just that your interface for proposing new features is so cumbersome ! 

to be honest I believe I have suggested it in the right place but I am not even sure it works and already spent enough time trying to do so for something that should be pretty obvious for any normal user. 

I am quite frustrated by that especially being a loyal customer since more or less the beginning especially since your competitors seem much more seemless 

danielhaines
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'd also like the option to turn off (or at least suspend this functionality). I want the option to quickly delete photos after reviewing them on my computer and I'm getting a prompt after I delete every file. 

Chad D.2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This is a pathetic "fail-safe." However, you do have the ability to turn it off for a period of time in preferences, you need to turn them ALL off for "however" long. But seriously, can anyone say Darwin? (The following personal statement from me is not intended to insult anyone: If I'm an idiot and delete my files because I'm an idiot, I should suffer the consequence of an idiot.)

richardhain
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Has this been addressed ?  It might be a deal-breaker for me. I've been using Dropbox for a long time and have been generally happy with it but I need to be able to disable notifications easily.

R

chojan1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I would also like to request an option to turn off or suspend this warning.

fcktsht
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

So, those of us who know the basics of using a computer are doomed to suffer this obnoxious, incessant, and unnecessary message because of a misguided need to idiot-proof dropbox?

jungwindy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I hate this repeated warning message and don't understand why Dropbox wants me to see this warning every time. 

One way to suppress this warning is to use the 'shift delete' method. If you hold down the shift key and press the delete button or drag files to your Recycle Bin, the selected files will be deleted without the warning message. You WILL be able to recover the deleted files on the Dropbox.com website as usual. 

Hope this helps.

Graham
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @jungwindy,

Thanks for visiting the Dropbox Community! I hope you are well. I'm glad to see you found a workaround for this. Hopefully, some of the other Community members commenting above will be able to use it to make their experience a little bit better, too. We really appreciate your contribution here, keep up the good work!

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Graham

jungwindy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi, I didn't notice that this thread is for macOS. Thr Shift+Delete methods works in Windows, but I bet there is a similar option in macOS, to completely delete files without putting files into trash bin.

Need more support?