cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know exactly what the app is syncing?

How to know exactly what the app is syncing?

DrGanz
New member | Level 2

I keep getting emails that my dropbox will no longer be able to sync as it is full.

I didn't even know it was syncing something!

So I logged in to try and find out what is being synced, and what that information is, but there's nothing in my account.

No files, no videos, nothing. It just says it's syncing.

I don't have access to all the computers that may or may not be syncing.

Is there anyway online in my account to tell which device is being synced to that dropbox account?

And what info is synced so I can delete something if I don't want to save it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@DrGanz wrote:

So I logged in to try and find out what is being synced, and what that information is, but there's nothing in my account. No files, no videos, nothing. It just says it's syncing.

Have you checked your Backups page?

Is there anyway online in my account to tell which device is being synced to that dropbox account? And what info is synced so I can delete something if I don't want to save it?

You can see the devices linked to your account on your Security page, and your Events page will show you the activity on your account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@DrGanz wrote:

So I logged in to try and find out what is being synced, and what that information is, but there's nothing in my account. No files, no videos, nothing. It just says it's syncing.

Have you checked your Backups page?

Is there anyway online in my account to tell which device is being synced to that dropbox account? And what info is synced so I can delete something if I don't want to save it?

You can see the devices linked to your account on your Security page, and your Events page will show you the activity on your account.

DrGanz
New member | Level 2

Thank you very much Rich! That worked. No idea why my 4TB backup disk is then backing up to Dropbox after it backs up my computer!? Do you have any idea?

I tried to stop it backing up to dropbox, since my external hard drive has already backed it up. But the only option in dropbox is to delete the files from my external hard drive. It won't delete it from the dropbox account. And the account is NOT mine. It's my boss's account (i work from home).

Any help would be appreciated.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DrGanz New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?