cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Dropbox Dash app, if there really is an app and not just a browser extension?

How to install Dropbox Dash app, if there really is an app and not just a browser extension?

George E.
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I've been accepted to try the beta version of Dropbox Dash.

When I follow the links to join Dash, it takes me to a page that says:

```

Set up Dash to search your apps and browser history

1 Add the browser extension
2 Connect your apps
3 Install the desktop app

```

This implies that Dash consists of browser extensions and a standalone app.

I installed the browser extension in my Vivaldi browser (wish it worked with Firefox), but when I download the app, what I get is **another copy of Dropbox.app**. Does this mean that Dash is integrated into the Dropbox app itself and not some separate app? I don't want to replace my existing Dropbox app with the one I just downloaded, especially since my Mac tells me that the newly downloaded one is older than the installed one.

The only documentation I've found about Dash is on [Youtube](https://youtu.be/7Zh6PrC-lGo?si=prP2QLxRxK54bTMh). This video makes it look as if Dash is a browser extension, not a standalone app.

Is there a Dropbox Dash app? If so, how do I install it?

Thanks for your help.

ge

Drew Houston, co-founder and CEO of Dropbox, introduces new AI-powered product experiences with Dropbox Dash (universal search) and Dropbox AI-to help customers find focus, save time, and work more effectively. Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/dropbox?sub_confirmation=1 Dropbox is the one ...
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George E.
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

It sort of worked by switching browsers.  Trying to follow the instructions in Firefox eventually led me to download Dropbox.app, as I tried to say in my question.

Using Vivaldi (so I have chrome with less spying), it worked better, eventually downloading a a file named **Dropbox Dash-2.54.0.dmg**, not **Dropbox.app**.  That DMG installed an app called **Dropbox Dash.app**, the answer to my original question, which I guess I could have asked more clearly.  Now, I'll go ahead and try it.

Thanks,

ge

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you done https://www.dropbox.com/dash/install ?

https://help.dropbox.com/installs/install-dropbox-dash gives some more info 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

George E.
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

It sort of worked by switching browsers.  Trying to follow the instructions in Firefox eventually led me to download Dropbox.app, as I tried to say in my question.

Using Vivaldi (so I have chrome with less spying), it worked better, eventually downloading a a file named **Dropbox Dash-2.54.0.dmg**, not **Dropbox.app**.  That DMG installed an app called **Dropbox Dash.app**, the answer to my original question, which I guess I could have asked more clearly.  Now, I'll go ahead and try it.

Thanks,

ge

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

George E. Helpful | Level 7
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?