cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you delete dropbox folder from one computer, without deleting the shared documents from on another computer?

How do you delete dropbox folder from one computer, without deleting the shared documents from on another computer?

Caren D.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have two computers with that share the same dropbox file. I am getting rid of the older computer and want to delete dropbox and the files in it. However, I still want the files in the dropbox folder on newer computer. How can I do this without deleting all dropbox files on newer computer?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Unlink it at www.dropbox.com/account
Uninstall the app
Delete the folder

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Unlink it at www.dropbox.com/account
Uninstall the app
Delete the folder

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

David B.71
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same situation here. I just migrated from an older MacBook to a newer one.

Where is the "unlink" that you mention above?

David B.71
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Oh, I see it on the Security Tab under "Settings"

Daniel R.41
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The current version of dropbox allows for selective syncing. For mac, go to the dropbox icon in the top right -> gear icon -> preferences -> account -> selective sync. Now you can manually choose which folders sync locally.

Jane A.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

And how to do a selective sync at Windows 10?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane A.2 New member | Level 1
    Daniel R.41 New member | Level 1
    David B.71 New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?