cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders and files not being shared on multiple devices

Folders and files not being shared on multiple devices

joliet_tech
Explorer | Level 3

I just added a new PC to my collection and tried to setup Dropbox.  I have been using Dropbox for a long time.  I downloaded the desktop app and logged in with my account UN and password but nothing has been downloaded.

My account shows 3 devices but not the new one.  What do I have to do to get the new device to sync?  I have DropBox Plus

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@joliet_tech wrote:

I downloaded the desktop app and logged in with my account UN and password but nothing has been downloaded. My account shows 3 devices but not the new one.

Sounds like you're using a different account on your new computer. Make sure you're signed in using the same email address that you used to sign in on your others devices.

joliet_tech
Explorer | Level 3

How can I check my login on the PC.  If I go to my DropBox folder and select view on line, they both go to the same Dropbox.com account.  

joliet_tech
Explorer | Level 3

I think that you are correct because My Subscription shows that I have a plus account which should be good for 5 devices.
When I tried to setup my new pc, I used the same email address but the device count did not go up on my subscription page (shows 3, should show 4) and it looks to me like the new pc has a trial subscription - but I used the same email address.  I would have atached screen shots but I don't know how to do so.  

Walter
Dropbox Staff

You can attach a screenshot via the camera icon within your reply box @joliet_tech 

As for checking the account you're currently logged in, you can check it out via the app's preferences under the account tab and on the website, through this page

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    joliet_tech Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?