cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix Dropbox Sign update

Fix Dropbox Sign update

DCF-KM
Explorer | Level 4

This new update to Dropbox Signatures is terrible. Previously, I couldn't stop singing Dropbox Signature's (Hello Sign) praises. Here's some of the issues that I'm hoping Dropbox will fix:

1) Have had several instances where documents won't send out for a signature with no explanation other than "Try again later." (One instance has had to be resolved via a ticket). 

2) Adding fields for signatures has been particularly problematic. Fields now take a long time to place on a document. They glitch and move very slowly across a document before I can place them where they need to go. Other times, they will just delete after I click and drag them from the menu bar. Previously, one could resize a signature box and newly created boxes would automatically revert back to that size (very convenient when doing multiple signatures that needed to be resized); however now any new boxes always inflate to a abnormally large signature field that I constantly have to resize (again - very time consuming when doing multiple fields for multiple signatures on multiple documents). In the past, one could also double click anywhere on a document and the previously selected signature field (e.g. - signature, date, initials, etc.) would populate right there on the page. Now, that feature is gone. Double clicking doesn't do anything. Instead one has to go over, click the desired signature field and then click back on the page every time. 

3) A last feature previously available before the update was when adding signers you would enter someone's name and if they had signed documents in the past, their corresponding email would automatically populate in the signer's email line. This feature is no longer available. 

These may sound like minor things, but when you're sending multiple documents a day with multiple signature fields the time wasted quickly adds up. Previously, Dropbox Signature was perfect and I couldn't praise it enough. This new update needs to be updated again to include these features or reverted back to the previous interface.

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @DCF-KM - thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on this with us.

Your feedback has been logged into our system - you can let us know if you have anything else to add.

Cheers!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?