cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox v177.4.5399 not syncing

Dropbox v177.4.5399 not syncing

leandrosilva
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

My Dropbox (v177.4.5399) isn't syncing properly since yesterday.

2023-06-30 19_23_57-Dropbox Preferences.jpg

I already tried to restart the desktop, restart the app, clean the program cache, double checked the internet speed (500mb/s download and 100mb/s upload), bandwidth (don't limit), paused the antivirus, but unfortunately the sync continues stuck...

2023-06-30 19_23_40-.jpg

Looking forward to receiving your valuable help to fix this issue.

26 Replies 26

tone123
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

We are experiencing the same issue since last week. None of the suggested steps helped so far.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @tone123, sorry to hear about this.

Can you please let us know the status and version of the desktop app as shown in your menu bar/system tray?

If you could also clarify the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

tone123
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Walter,

We tried many things:

- Restart dropbox and the PC of course

- Logout from dropbox and login again

- Fixed hardlinks and permissions

- Uninstall and reinstall dropbox

At first, none of the steps above seemed to fix the problem, but suddenly - one or two days later - the issue resolved "automagically". Maybe a new dropbox version fixed the issue, I'm note sure (the issue appeared with version 177.4.5399, but now the client is 178.4.4811).

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update here, @tone123!

I'm happy to see that the issue is now resolved for you, perhaps the update fixed it indeed.

If you come across it again, though, please let us know.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

leandrosilva
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Hello @tone123,

Thanks for your feedback.

We already have the latest version v178.4.4811, but the app in my workstation isn't working properly in the last three weeks... 

Other manager (which have access to the same amount of files, around 1 TB) the app is working without any problems.

As previous told, selective sync isn't an opinion for our workflow, since we need to have the online-files available directly on our workstations.

I already cleaned the temporary files in the two dropbox folders (".dropbox.cache" and "cache" located: AppData\Local\Dropbox), did a sign out for the third time, let's see if it works with the lastest app version... it's indexing all files once again...

The expectations at this moment to have this issue solved aren't the best..., especially when we get contrary notifications:

sync_issues_01.jpg

sync_issues_02.jpg

leandrosilva
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Problem finally solved.

Three weeks later and after several attempts, the resolution of the sync problem happened after the latest update (v178.4.4811).

As initially said, this problem wasn't related with the number of files (below 300k) as we have more than 1 million files since day one and Dropbox has always worked fine.

These problems usually happen after recent updates and many times it doesn't happen to everyone with the latest version.

The solution is to install a previous version or wait for the next version (which was our case).

Another thing we learned from this situation is that Dropbox Business support has a lot to improve...
We had to test and find solutions ourselves over the last three weeks with several hours wasted, which significantly affected our daily work and production.

Note: Btw, selective sync isn't a solution for those (like us) who need to access all files directly through the workstations.
If anyone thinks that is reasonable and productive to work directly through Dropbox website because your business is "unlucky" to have more than 300k files on the account, good luck with that suggestion and workflow! It certainly came from someone who has never worked that way.

Thank you Dropbox for your (not) "great" support!

aconcatherine
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Leandrosilva, thank you for sharing your experience. My Dropbox "help" said it was my problem since I didn't have administrator "permits" so I wasn't able to access certain options and I couldn't "close" apps that were running in the background, and just stopped looking into my case. I believed Dropbox was an excellent app to keep my files save. Now I'm just dissapointed. I'll try your suggestion and see what happens... 

Need more support?