cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox support for macOS 12.3

Dropbox support for macOS 12.3

Anna R.5
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

So I'm referring to https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/macos-12-monterey-support

Does this mean it will be 100% safe to upgrade to macOS 12.3 as long as I keep Smart sync to Local, please?

166 Replies 166

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to jump in here, @YeaItsJosh.

We’re actively working on full support for macOS 12.3. 

In the meantime, you’ll still be able to open Dropbox files by double-clicking them in Finder.

To make an online-only file available to open in third-party apps, use the following steps:

1. From Finder, Right-click (or control-click) the file you wish to open.
  2. Select “Make available offline”

You should now be able to open your files without issue.

You can find more details in our Help Center.

Thank you.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Alex_Lespaul
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

We are already on 12.3.1 and still no release…

jeff w.44
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Really sad how long this is taking, and how poorly Dropbox is about communicating about this.

andrewmatoxy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

At this point Mac OS 13 is going to come out before Dropbox fully supports Mac OS 12.

DBASQL
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Centrestack made this change 8 months ago prior to the release of the 12.3 update. They saw the release notes and beta testing and took action right away. You are telling us with the resources that DB has at their disposal this can't get done it a reasonable time frame?

YeaItsJosh
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Seriously. Dropbox has market cap of over $8 billion, but can't keep their software up to date.

I have to wonder if Apple wants access to their code. Maybe there's something going on behind the scenes that Dropbox isn't willing to give in to. Who knows?

misiektoja
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Well, the way Dropbox handled it I decided to move to OneDrive. I'm actually surprised how good piece of SW it is. I used it like 3 years ago and did not like many things, but right now it is different app. And you get 2TB of storage for every family member in Office365 subscription. So no reason for me to extend Dropbox, especially as they start to focus on many unneeded features (just like Evernote  did). Apparently they forgot about their core business and they do not care about their own customers. Maybe once we vote with our wallets they change something (or go bankrupt).

YeaItsJosh
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
For a family, OneDrive makes a lot of sense. The problem we face as a business is the lack of team folders via OneDrive without going into SharePoint hell.

Firelock
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

We tried to move our global creative teams files to OneDrive back in 2020 when the pandemic hit and we had to work remotely. OneDrive for Business is actually a front for SharePoint Online, where OneDrive acts as a sync engine. In the tests we conducted it was 6-10x slower than Dropbox when syncing large volumes of files and OneDrive’s collaborative feature set is at least 10 years out-of-date. For individual users OneDrive is not bad. For teams OneDrive for Business is a nightmare.

rfog
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Is there any new about when Dropbox is going to resolve the issues with Smart Sync under Monterey? They announced first support for Finder only and full support will be released in a future.

Is there an estimated date? Because, not having Smart Sync working from any application is, basically, a pain in the a**.

Need more support?