cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox icon missing from menu bar on macOS Ventura

Dropbox icon missing from menu bar on macOS Ventura

Kunal
Helpful | Level 6

dropbox Icon missing from Menu Bar on macOS Ventura.

Before installing Ventura dropbox icon was visible in Menu Bar.

I stopped the dropbox application and restarted it and there was no change.

I uninstalled the dropbox desktop app and reinstalled it and it still does not appear.

The files are syncing when I add new files to the dropbox.

Please Help.

57 Replies 57

LKBLKB
Explorer | Level 3

I have read every complex thread here and I finally just decided to move the Dropbox icon to my trash folder. I then restarted my Mac (Ventura 13.4), reinstalled Dropbox, and voilà! The icon is back in my menu bar.

JRM23
Explorer | Level 4

I just upgraded to a new MacBook Air with M2 Chip. Had issues with DropBox access and downloaded most latest update and worked. The DropBox icon was not visible in the Menu Bar until I went to the Control Center and removed all unessential "Modules"...and finally the DropBox Icon showed up. Evidently, when the laptop is connected to a monitor the DropBox Icon will show up with additional Modules. 

dillonpadgette
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue. This I really hurting me today with work. No Dropbox ICON in the menu bar top right of Mac OS on Ventura 13.5.1 (22G90) - Essentially I cannot access settings for dropbox. I need selective sync to get files on my computer and not through the web browser. No options now since I UPDATED to the new Dropbox folder situation after being prompted by Dropbox just a few days ago.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @dillonpadgette, sorry to hear about this.

If you don't see the Dropbox icon in your menu bar, it means that the desktop app isn't running at the moment.

In that case, you could try relaunching it from your Apps folder. 

If that doesn't help, you can try (re)installing it directly from this page

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Tbrees24
Helpful | Level 5

This happened with me as well. I had too many icons on my menu bar, and the dropbox icon got hidden and seemed to have disappeared entirely. But after quitting my other icons it reappeared thankfully. There's clearly a hidden queue of icons that gets pushed off the menu bar. 

brockdouglas
New member | Level 2

ive done this vert thing with no luck. Weird that the app is only accessible in the menu bar and not an actual application. Seems like a poor design. 

Emma
Community Manager

Hi everyone, as @Tbrees24 has mentioned there may be a workaround for this, would you mind trying it to see if it helps?

Go to System Settings > Control Center > Menu Bar Only > and change other icons you don't need to ‘don’t show’ to see if Dropbox appears.

Let me know! 

tfCA44
New member | Level 2

This is an ongoing issue with the DB icon randomly appearing and disappearing in the Macbook task bar.  I've gone through all the diagnostics with DB support and the issue, now in 2024, still persists. IT"S BUGGY!!!  I will also say that DB email support is one of the worst customer services in tech. It takes days between email replies, clearly they are in another country, they can only suggest the same diagnostics over and over, and they never surface the issue to a higher level of tech support, and there is no other means of surfacing a grievance anywhere that I can find.  Right now, I can't leave DB, but unless they fix customer support, I'm looking for alternatives, especially given how much we pay for DB Plus.

Need more support?