cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox does not show up in the Finder Side Bar (Apple Sonoma)

Dropbox does not show up in the Finder Side Bar (Apple Sonoma)

Josephus F.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Google Drive appears in the SideBar section Locations but DropBox does not appear there

Why not ?

25 Replies 25

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Alright, let’s try something else. 

Please click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar this time, and then click on a small folder icon that should be showing at the top of the pop-up window (between a globe icon and the search bar). Are you being redirected to your local Dropbox folder now?

If not, please click on the avatar with your initials/profile picture > Preferences, and send me a screenshot of what you see under your Sync tab.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Josephus F.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Which steps to follow ?

DB does not show up in the Location section of the SideBar, nor on the top screen menu. 
There is no setting option (using Sonoma 14.1)

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Josephus F., if the Dropbox icon isn't appearing on the menu bar, could you ensure that the app is running from your Applications folder?

If it is running but you're not seeing the icon, try quitting other menu bar apps to see if the Dropbox icon appears, as Mac OS could be hiding it due to too many icons and not enough screen space. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Josephus F.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

DB version 185.4.6054  is in the Application folder.  There is no other DB

There is free space in the menu bar apps

It should appear also in the Locations area on the Side Bar in Finder but is not there

shaferkg
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Okay, problem solved, or at least a workaround. I just clicked and dragged the DB file folder from my hard drive directory to the sidebar and it's now showing up. NOTICE that DB still DOES NOT show up in the Finder settings. In the past, it DID show and we could click the box to include it on the sidebar.

I'm going to do a restart and see if the DB folder stays on the sidebar. If you don't hear back from me, it did show up so this workaround worked. No news is good news.

[Removed as per Community Guidelines]

tbowen11
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ok.  I had the same issue with Sonoma.  I found the app by quitting a couple of the menu bar apps that were running (one drive specfically).  It's like there just was no longer room to view all the apps running in the menu bar.  

Also, to view the drop box folder itself, look at the left navigation pane in finder.  Hover over 'locations'.  I did not see any links or folders or even an arrow to expand the view there until I hovered and clicked on the arrow that showed up.

Worked for me.  Good luck.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tbowen11 New member | Level 2
    shaferkg Helpful | Level 5
    Josephus F. Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?