cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app no longer connecting on MacOS 15

Dropbox app no longer connecting on MacOS 15

NJF
Explorer | Level 4

The local Dropbox app (209.3.3602) on my iMac is no longer connecting after I upgraded to MacOS Sequioa 15.0 (24A335).

I can only get it to work again after disabling the Firewall (Settings, Network, Firewall).

From other sources (ZDNet) I have understood that the upgraded Firewall now also blocks DNS lookup replies initiated from inside my network, so from the local Dropbox app for example.

Hoping for upgrade news from Cupertino...

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Thats an odd one. I am on 15.0 same build without issues. BUT I am not using a beta version like you. 

Have a try of installing https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-208-4-5824/td-p/795280 and see if that works?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

NJF
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Mark,

Thanks for considering this issue.

I uninstalled Dropbox 209 and installed 208.4.5824 and activated the Firewall.

The Dropbox app hangs while saying 'Connecting...' ('Verbinding maken, in my native language).

The only way to get Dropbox 208 to start working is to take the Firewall down...

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

NJF Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?