cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox on some computers is not connecting as it's blocked by a firewall

Dropbox Not working after restart: Reconnecting to the internet. This may take a moment.

Domscillator
Helpful | Level 6

I have been experiencing a very frustrating issue with Dropbox the past few days.

Issue: After restarting my Mac Studio (MacOS 13.6.5), Dropbox always gets stuck with the message: 

Reconnecting to the internet. This may take a moment.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 23.35.44.png

• No VPN
  • No Firewall
  • Home Network
  • Fully updated Dropbox

The thing that is baffling is that :

1. If you Quit and restart Dropbox it works immediately but if you restart the computer the issue appears again
  2. If you wait for a long time Dropbox eventually connects and syncs. But it takes a long time
  3. On the same computer, about a week ago, Dropbox was syncing instantly after reboot. 

I have tried already reinstalling and deleting the cache folder.

Is this a known issue that's going on at the moment>

Many thanks

106 Replies 106

shirish75
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Mr. Sam, no version works and there is no work around.

This is blocker issue and probably may not be that difficult to fix, but its taking inordinate time.

Surprised how DB team is not looking into such critical issue.

UnhappyUser1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Sam DBX

Yes. Repeating @shirish75 's comment: As far as I can tell, this has NOTHING TO DO WITH VERSION. We're on the current version and the issue still exists. It's hard to believe after all this time (and 10 pages of posts), the Dropbox team can't even accurately get a handle on the issue's cause. Clearly, supporting customers is not a priority.

And why is the issue shown as "solved"????

craynerd
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am also having the same issue and since my Dropbox runs on a PC that is running remotely (my PC is outside on a telescope), it’s an effort to be able to connect to it, quit and restart. It literally immediately connects when I quit and reboot.

I’ve been with Dropbox for many years but won’t be continuing to pay £10 every month if this isn’t fixed in the next few months, I’ll have to look for alternatives.

Brand new PC, fully updated, no VPN, home network… standard setup! Reboot the PC and Dropbox just doesn’t connect without exiting and reopening the app.

Please get this sorted Dropbox.

csong12
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox, can we get a tentative timeline for this issue to be resolved? 

Nightbridge
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue here but only on one of my computers:

MacBook Air M3 -> Sonoma 14.4.1 -> DB v 197.4.7571 (AFFECTED)

Mac Mini M2 Pro  -> Sonoma 14.4.1 -> DB v 197.4.7571 (NOT AFFECTED)

Sam DBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi all,

Our team is actively working on this. You can follow the status here.

Thanks for your patience once again.

Sam

UnhappyUser1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you @Sam DBX for posting the status link.   It shows the issue being investigated on Apr 24. Am I reading correctly that it took an entire month since this issue was first reported by @Domscillator before the DB team even began investigating?  In any event, we're relieved that this problem which has impacted so many for so long is finally getting attention.

UUGG
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Same issue for me (Windows 11) since a few weeks ago after many years without any problems. Needless to say that I've already tried all the possible solutions listed in this thread.
DB team really not so quick in addressing and more important *fixing* the issue : (

Sam DBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update: we're rolling out a fix today that should resolve this issue. It's in Stable Build 197.4.7629.

As a reminder: the current workaround is to quit/close the Dropbox application and relaunch it.

Thank you!

powerfoot
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Sam DBX this new build update isn't working for me. i rebooted, uninstalled/reinstalled a few times and the desktop app still isn't launching and won't allow signin. please advise. Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 2.23.30 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-26 at 2.24.07 PM.png

Need more support?