cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DROPBOX DOES NOT START UP AUTOMATICALY ON W7

DROPBOX DOES NOT START UP AUTOMATICALLY ON W7

Jcorsu
Explorer | Level 4

HI, Dropbox is not starting automaticaly as i turn on my computer in windows 7. 

Now i need to double click the icon (run as Administrator) on the Desktop and it start syncronizing. 

I ve checked and Dropbox is set up in windows to run in Start Up but that is not really happening.

I guess "Run as Administrator" icon is what is not allowing Dropbox to start automatically on startup.

Does anyone has the same issue?

Thanks

Rgds

12 Replies 12

Rich
Super User II

@Jcorsu wrote:

I guess "Run as Administrator" icon is what is not allowing Dropbox to start automatically on startup.

Why are you running it as Administrator? This isn't something you normally need to do.

Jcorsu
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Rich thanks for your anwer. After reinstalling SP1 and Dropbox,  the Dropbox Icons appears as "Run as Administrator" i ve tryed to change this "Administrator" setup on dropbox icon but i couldnt. 

is there any way in windows 7 to Quit a program of beeing run as administrator? I think that may solve the windows start up issue.

Thanks

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi from me as well, @Jcorsu

Just to make sure I understood correctly, did you check your Dropbox app preferences and make sure the “Start Dropbox on system startup” option is checked?

Besides that, you can reinstall the Dropbox app on your device, in order to change the “Run as Administration” settings. To do this, please follow these steps (as mentioned in the Help Center article, please don’t right-click or command-click Run as an Administrator).

Let me know if that helps.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jcorsu
Explorer | Level 4

HI @Nancy 

Yes, Start Dropbox on system startup is checked. 

I ve uninstall and re install dropbox and the problem is still the same.  I follow the steps and never ask me if i want to install dropbox as administrator. Just do double click to DB instalation file and it installs. 

Issue is still the same. DB do not start automatically while turning on my windows 7 computer.  I attache a jpg of how icon loooks like. WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 10.08.18.jpeg

Jcorsu
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Rich i dont know why. It is set up as "Run as Administrattion" since installation. I cannot take it out. I guess that there is the clue of the problem, but i cannot take out the "run as admin." setup from Dropbox. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jcorsu, can you try using the following link to check if Dropbox is listed as one of your Startup items or to add it to your Startup folder?

Also, is it a company managed device?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Jcorsu
Explorer | Level 4

HI @Megan it is not a company managed device. 

The link sent is about windows 10 and windos 11. This issue i am having is in windows 7.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jcorsu, can you try these steps instead, and let me know if they work?

Open the Start Menu.
Click Run, type MSConfig, and press Enter.
Click the Startup tab and check the programs you want enable at startup.
Click OK.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Jcorsu
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Megan i ve tried that and it ssems yo be ok

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-26 at 11.50.20.jpeg

Need more support?