cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My Files will not drag to DB

Can't drag files to the Dropbox folder, red line when I try to.

SD91
Explorer | Level 3

My drag feature has stopped working. A red circle appears with a red line across it. This has only happened over the weekend. Its a basic plan with only 74mb space used so not a storage issue.

All help greatly appreciated,  From reading other forums it seems updates cause this issue, I honestly couldnt tell you if my PC ran an update or not.

5 Replies 5

Chris_J
Super User

Hello SD91

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community

several questions I have.

1. when you stated drag feature is not working, are you talking about dragging a file into Dropbox?
  2. Are you using a Dropbox Client or are you using a Web Interface (Browser)?
  3. These are the icon on files that Dropbox uses, click here: https://help.dropbox.com/sync/sync-icons  are any of these what you see?
  4.  Is it possible that the OS you are using is displaying the red icon with red line?
  5. what OS are you using?

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

SD91
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Chris,

1.) Yes my file will not drag to the DB folder

2.) I am using browser

3.) I do not see any of the above symbols displayed, its a red circle with a red diagonal line though it

4.) I am unsure

5.) How do I know what OS I am using

Chris_J
Super User

Thanks for responding.

Most people use Windows as an OS.  You are not using the Desktop client so all I know is that maybe use a different browser.  Make sure your browser is up to date (to the latest version).  If you are using an older OS older than Windows 10 then you may not have that feature anymore.  Try also rebooting your PC to see if that will fix it.

I believe the red icon is an OS issue not Dropbox.

Do you happen to use OneDrive also?

Click here for anything that applies to you  files have a red icon with a white slash thru it what is it 

so try another browser, check your OS updates and make you are updated

and reboot and let us know

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @SD91, I hope you're doing well! 

You mentioned that your files can't drag to the Dropbox folder, and that you're also using your browser. 

Just to make sure we're on the same page, do you try to move the files from your browser, within the Dropbox folder? Or do you possibly try to move content already existing to your device, in the Dropbox folder itself?

If it's something different, don't hesitate to let me know! If you could also attach a screenshot of the icon you mentioned, that'd be amazing.

Keep us posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

SD91
Explorer | Level 3

Yes I am using windows 10 my laptop and software is less than 4 weeks old,

Yes correct I am also using One drive

I will take you advice on the following and let you know:

so try another browser, check your OS updates and make you are updated and reboot and let us know

Thank you

Need more support?