cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to the app after the new version 168.4.4802 on Windows 7.

Can't connect to the app after the new version 168.4.4802 on Windows 7.

ghayas91
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

After update to Dropbox New Version 168.4.4802 unable to connecting to the internet, was on previous verion working fine but after update its not working , Error (dropbox not connecting to internet)

52 Replies 52

kdscorp
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

having issue in windows 7 32 bit

Abdelrhman maamoun
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem i have, I'm using win 7 but the same mesage appeares to me. I tried all the tips to get the app working but still showing the computer is currently offline

cracey
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Is it possible to get an older version of dropbox to install and not auto-update?

ghayas91
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Kindly update/fix dropbox is not connecting issue after update 168,4,4802, while previous versoin working fine, i m not able to use dropbox more afater update please help is this regards.

Debasmita Deb
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

1677490895633.jpg

From last 5 days i am unable to use dropbox in my windows 7 laptop. It is not synchronizing. I tried to uninstall and install again but the issue continues and this pop up window comes. They are asking to check network but my internet connection is otherwise perfectly working. I am able to use youtube and browse internet in chrome. I also tried using different wifi connections. Its not working. Please help.

mgborracer
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I guess it's useless to try and ask these people to understand that not everybody in the world can have Win10 or 11 installed in their computers. They obviously don't know that...

Whatever, I can live without Dropbox anyway. Have a nice day everyone.

Zlat
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

same mistake, windows 7/32

mulder8387
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have found that the problem occurs on my Win 7 64bit machine without Service Pack. On another computer, Win 7 64bit with SP1, the Dropbox works, even with the newest version.

pratikbang1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i have dropbox installed on my pc running on windows 7 and my laptop running in windows 11. From last 6 days dropbox stopped syncing on my pc running on windows 7. it is showing connecting to internet though it is connected to internet. my friend is also facing the same issue on windows 7.

cracey
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you Mulder8387, this appears to be the solution. I had a Win7 system without the service pack, and I installed Windows 7 SP1 and dropbox is now working/connecting/syncing.

Here is the link to the microsoft page where you can get the service pack...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-windows-7-service-pack-1-sp1-b3da2c0f-cdb6-0572-...

This was all mildly traumatic and very little help from dropbox support themselves, kind of disappointing. Dropbox is the main way I sync between my main/modern PC and my older win7 PC. It's all working fine and I see no reason to change things. From this it's likely that one day a future update will without warning remove win7 support entirely, and we'll be left out in the cold. I will keep this in mind next time I have to renew my pro dropbox account. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mulder8387 Helpful | Level 6
    i_drui Helpful | Level 5
    BenDBX Community Manager
    Paola_b Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?