cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Delete for everyone

Can I disable the "Delete file for everyone" message?

maxvan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am getting the error message that requires me to OK "delete for everyone" when I want  to remove a file (see below). I saw the discussion board on this topic - the screen shots in the thread I read show an option to remove the message in the future. I do not see that option displayed. I need to remove this message. How?

Screenshot 2019-08-13 08.08.43.png

11 Replies 11

JockAustralia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have two PC's, both logged into Dropbox. Both Windows 11. One of them puts this (cripplingly inefficient) message (delete for everyone?) up for every file I want to delete when in Dropbox folders in windows explorer, and thankfully the other PC does not. So there must be a setting somewhere that is causing this...?

Jon_DFH
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

5 years later and this is still an issue.  I have a laptop running Windows 11 and I do not get this pop up notification when deleting files.  However I just got a new desktop PC at my office, also Windows 11, and for some reason deleting anything from Dropbox I am forced to confirm my intent to delete with this obnoxious notification.  I am the admin of my company Dropbox account and I see no option to disable this anywhere.

Need more support?