cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please can you upgrade the Dropbox app so that it works natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1) without Rosetta.

Rosetta is not an option as it annihilates the battery.

This may be a duplicate of the below idea however that started for ARM processors in general and you haven't looked at it in 6 years so starting an Apple specific idea in the hope you see it.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Desktop-app-with-syncing-for-devices-with-ARM-processo...

There are also lots of comments on this thread to help support the case for demand: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Apple-Silicon-M1-install/td-p/... 

496 Replies 496

BMWTwisty
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The decision to not update the DropBox code to encompass M1 Macs at this point is absurd.  Dropbox is a notorious battery hog that constantly needs to be fixed.  Why not do it right, DropBox and make the app function as best as possible?  Please.

Tycoljr
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Now that I’ve officially moved all my computing to Apple Silicon, I’m going to have to heavily consider switching my online storage plan from Dropbox to something like OneDrive or Google drive. It’s unfortunate because I do like Dropbox, however if development can’t keep up, I need to move on. I’ve been a customer for over 10 years.

bendell
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How on earth is M1 support not already rolled out. Seriously considering moving away from Dropbox if they can’t sort this out.

Alrshn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Well, there is no doubt that we need M1 support. Or I might transfer to the other  platforms. Unfortunately XD

wtcahthos
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Vote? Needs more votes? Give me a break. I'll be voting with my money if Dropbox's position doesn't change soon. 

LucB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This is really disappointing news to read popping up in my tech newsfeed. Was just planning a migration to Dropbox because GDrive is really bad at handeling big files with it cache system. Really sad to see such inactivity on this topic for professionals that rely on these services to adapt to ever changing OS and hardware systems. Otherwise, just quit..

beckmannairbus
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please M1 support guys 😕

roamresearch
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is ridiculous.

copedan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Not supporting 1 of the 2 major operating systems used in business is a poor choice. This is not a minor feature request that will go away, but a large change in architecture that is permanent. This is not a small number of users that you are choosing to ignore, but a large customer base, many of whom who are paying for your service. (Also, many of whom have demonstrated that they are willing to spend more than their Windows counterparts). Poor choices like this and the reluctance to switch from 32 to 64 bit architecture in the past are reasons why I have never become a paying customer. Your attitude towards your customer base is poor, which makes any future using your service unreliable and therefore it can only ever be a backup of minor things for me.

NoM1supportisdumb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Disappointing. If this doesn’t get resolved soon - will have a to find a new cloud platform with native arm support 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Richard115 New member | Level 2
    jekratz Collaborator | Level 9
    jlaguna Experienced | Level 12
    Michael C.143 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?