cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Come meet Theresa who is excited to join this awesome Dropbox Community. Learn all about her here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AirDrop broken on MacOS Ventura

AirDrop broken on MacOS Ventura

Styline
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I'm using MacOS Ventura and I can't receive files via AirDrop anymore.

My Downloads folder is inside my Dropbox as I'm using Dropbox Backup, so it is all inside the Cloud Library now. The Spotlight Search is broken and now also I can't receive airdropped files anymore. They are sending but afterwards they are just nowhere to be found on the hard-drive. It's quite the mess.

@DropboxTeam: It would be highly appreciated if you can expedite looking into resolving the issues on Ventura!

98 Replies 98

ronfriedmann
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have the same problem: Airdrop does not work with Finder post install of latest Dropbox running on Mac Ventura.  

Airdrop works for opening a Chrome Page (iPhone to Mac) but not Photos. As other replies state, this has to do with how the latest Dropbox version changes the Downloads folder.

I spent an hour with Apple Support. We confirmed that when I set up a separate test account, Airdrop works.  So I am having exactly the same problem as @styline originally reported on this thread.

@Dropbox - any engineering fix for this planned?

DrPFS
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having exactly the same problem. Happened after Dropbox moved itself to a more "secure" location on the hard drive. I was on MacOs Monterey. Then updated to Ventura. Still the same problem. Tried disabling Dropbox backup, moved Downloads folder to Favorites, deleted Dropbox downloads folder. Nothing works. Seriously considering dropping Dropbox. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all, I just wanted to give you an update on this and let you know that this is under our radar now and we're looking into it internally. 

We'll let you know more as soon as we have more information to share. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Alan R.25
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have just come across this message and now know why Airdrop no longer works on my iMac - iPad. I have Monterey 12.5.2 and recently tried to airdrop some files to my iPad. All I got was a"waiting" sign on the iMac and nothing more.

I do have Dropbox which is used to sync my Reunion app (and contents) to the iPad so this is probably the problem.

Alan

20-1-23

mfourman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same problem.

Really annoying.

Timemaster
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had the same issue with airdrop files not showing up or being searchable.

I went into the manage synced folders and unticked the 'downloads' folder and restarted everything ,

and I can now see my airdropped files.

preferences/backups/manage backups/change folders

untick 'downloads'

phew

hope that helps

slater0930
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also having this problem - thought I was going mad, I retried the airdropped about 5 times before I realised that the problem was probably not me 😂

Airdrop is extremely convenient - would love to know when this is fixed. I'll even install a beta client if I have to! Let me know when something is available for this

eldenseta
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So I guess...drop box is not going to offer any update to correct this? It's been a while now. This is soooo irritating!

eldenseta
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So it's been over a month since Walter replied...still no fix? This is so crazy! 

swin1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi guys, good news- I was able to get airdrop working again. All I did was go to Dropbox preferences, then backup, then find where you can select which folders to automatically backup. Deselect your Downloads folder. This causes Dropbox to desync everything in it and may take a long time (hours) depending on how many files you have and your bandwidth. Click the Dropbox icon in menu to find out when all activity is done. I just let mine go overnight, and the next day I turned it back on and let it sync for a few hours. Weirdly airdrop is now working again.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

David B.191 Helpful | Level 5
    Ovi A.1 Helpful | Level 5
    jkrussell New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?