cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: After updating, I can no longer use Adobe Bridge as a list view of folders?

After updating, I can no longer use Adobe Bridge as a list view of folders?

BenjaminHeller
Explorer | Level 4

This is really terrible, and definitely not an upgrade. I don't understand why Dropbox did this?

Can anyone on the Dropbox staff explain why Dropbox needs to be hidden? Adding as a favorite is not a workable solution

5 Replies 5

BenjaminHeller
Explorer | Level 4

Is there any way do downgrade to the last version? 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @BenjaminHeller, let's jump right into this! 

From my understanding, it sounds like you just updated your app to the new File Provider macOS version, is this correct? 

When you say that Dropbox needs to be hidden, would you be able to give me some more context? Do you mean from the sidebar on your Finder? 

I'd like to have an idea of anything you're facing, or having issues with, in order for me to see if I can guide you, and help you resolve it. 

As for downgrading to the latest version, you mean switching back to the version without File Provider, right? 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BenjaminHeller
Explorer | Level 4

The issue I was having, is with the new dropbox update with the " file provider".

On MacOS, it changed it from being a visible folder, to one that is hidden in a library.

The major problem this causes, is that I am unable to view the dropbox folder (with it's folder structure) in Bridge.

To use bridge I need to unhide the folders (Command + Shift + .) and then change a preference in bridge (view/show hidden folders)

I guess I just wonder why it needs to become a "location" (hidden) versus being a visible folder as it has been as long as I've used dropbox. This is maybe an apple issue really, I just don't understand why it is better, and took a bunch of time to find a workaround

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @BenjaminHeller, sorry to jump in here!

Even though Dropbox is no longer in your Favorites, it should now appear in Locations, is this not what you see on your end?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BenjaminHeller
Explorer | Level 4

The issue with it being a location versus a folder is that it doesn't show up in Bridge because on the system it is by default a hidden folder. The thing I really need in bridge is to show as a dropdown folder menu.

Thank you for your response. I did find a workaround. I needed to unhide the folder on macOS (Command + Shift + .) and then in Bridge (View/Show Hidden Files) It makes the menu much more complicated to navigate to, but it works. I set Bridge to go to that folder by default. So solved on my end. 

Need more support?