cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: using dropbox to host a video on ebay?

using dropbox to host a video on ebay?

vauxhallpartsuk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, new to all this and dont really know alot about it so thought it was best just to ask, on ebay one seller had dropbox videos in his listing https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223124970807?ViewItem=&item=223124970807

and i would like to do the same but dont know how to do it and all my attempts have failed, i have just took the basic user is that maybe my problem?

thanks for any help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

At the end of the link, replace the ?dl=0 with ?raw=1.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @vauxhallpartsuk - welcome to our forums and thanks for using Dropbox!

From what I see on the link you provided they seem to have used a shared link to embed this video file on eBay. 

[With Dropbox, you can create a sharable link to any file or folder in your Dropbox folder. Anyone with the link can view the contents, but can’t edit them.]

Let me know if this helped at all! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

vauxhallpartsuk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, its not that easy, i have tried, it needs to be added to embeded code 

<video width="480" height="320" style="font-size: 14pt; min-width: 100%; max-width: 100%;" src="https://dl.dropbox.com/s/kwcz4hih8e7a2q6/91133%20%282016%29%20Vauxhall%20Corsa.mp4?dl=0" autoplay="" loop="" controls="true" muted="" type="video/mp4" playsinline=""></video>

that is the code they use but i cant get mine to work like there one 

thanks for the help

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

At the end of the link, replace the ?dl=0 with ?raw=1.

vauxhallpartsuk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

tried that but it didnt work either and if you look at the embeded code they use the ?dl=0 is in theres so im not sure what im doing wrong as they have it working on ebay 

thanks for trying though 

vauxhallpartsuk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l8pg2twyz57zy3/2011%20Vauxhall%20Astra%20MK6%20%28J%29%20%28A3400%29%20%2...

that is my link for my engine, so if anyone can get it to work like the link i put for the other ebay user i would appriciate it?? or tell me where i am going wrong lol

vauxhallpartsuk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

got it working, thanks for the help

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?