cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Syncing on Microsoft Surface Go

Syncing on Microsoft Surface Go

SandF
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a Microsoft Surface Go with Windows 10.  I want to set up Dropbox to show on the left side of the window when I open Documents (like it does on my PC).  How can I make that happen?  When I download Dropbox I am forced to use the Mobile app.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SandF
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Found the fix.  If you have the Surface Go, you need to switch out of S mode in Windows 10.  Then, you are able to download the DropBox application.  

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @SandF - how are you today?

Why don't you download and install our desktop application instead of the mobile one? 

You can find our most recent build's installers on this page: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-61-4-95/m-p/308005#M5125/

Give that a go (i.e. installing the desktop app) and keep me posted on your results please; we'll take it from there if needed. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

SandF
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've tried it several times.  When I hit "run" during the download process, I get a window to "get" the mobile app from the store.   It state that "only verified apps from the Microsoft Store can be installed on my Microsoft Surface Go.   If I opt to get the app, I can access Dropbox, but it does not sync my files in my documents.   The main reason I purchased the Surface Go was to be able to have it function as a laptop.   Is my obstacle the Mobile App?

SandF
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Found the fix.  If you have the Surface Go, you need to switch out of S mode in Windows 10.  Then, you are able to download the DropBox application.  

Annie J
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I turned off S mode and I am still only able to download Dropbox in S mode.  Help!

Thanks!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Annie J wrote:

I turned off S mode and I am still only able to download Dropbox in S mode.  Help!

What's the processor for your tablet? While some Microsoft tablets have an Intel processor like regular comptuers, other versions of their tablets have an ARM processor. Regular desktop applications can't run on an ARM processor without emulation, and the Dropbox application will not run at all in such an enviroment.

If your tablet has an ARM processor, you'll need to use Dropbox for S Mode. The regular Dropbox application will not run on it.

Annie J
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you for your reply. How do I determine if my computer has an ARM Processor?

Annie J
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Actually - I was able to find it and the Processor is an Intel (R) CPPU 4415Y @ 1.60GHz 1.61 GHz

Thoughts?

Need more support?