cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove "Log in or sign up" Popup when downloading from a shared link

Remove "Log in or sign up" Popup when downloading from a shared link

TAMINOPROD
Helpful | Level 6

We recently chose Dropbox as the best-looking and most functional drive-sharing tool for our video production company. However, there's an annoying popup prompting clients to log in or sign up when we share links. The "Continue with download only" button is easily missed, especially by older clients, making us look unprofessional. It's frustrating that such a customizable platform has this issue. We hope for a solution soon!

21 Replies 21

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @_Joshua - thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on this with us.

I've passed your feedback on to the team and you can let us know if you have anything else to add.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

_Joshua
Helpful | Level 6

Hi @Walter, back in May you responded with a copy and paste of this exact same response when this same issue was brought up by someone else:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Create-upload-and-share/Remove-quot-Login-SignUp-quot-Popup-window-f...

Respectfully, I don't feel heard and your response gives me little hope in getting this issue resolved. Is there some other way I can contact the team or provide feedback/suggestions that may give us a better chance?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @_Joshua, thanks for posting here!

At the moment, you can send your suggestions mainly through our Community & our Support too.

When you send us our feedback, or note things you'd like to see us improve, we pass them to our team internally in order for them to review. 

Plus, our Community Managers keep an eye out for suggestions from our users.

We listen to your needs because it allows us to fully appreciate how Dropbox fits into and influences your daily routine.

And trust me, your comments on this have been quite helpful, and I will do everything I can to ensure that your voice is heard.

Thank you!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

_Joshua
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you @Megan 

rdinsf
Helpful | Level 6

This is pretty greedy on the part of Dropbox - we all sign up and pay good money for Dropbox, and you change the download method that we all have used for years.  In no way does this change benefit Drobox's customers. Since you are inserting an add for Dropbox into our communication with clients and others, perhaps Dropbox should pay us for each person that sees this ad?

TAMINOPROD
Helpful | Level 6

Hey @Megan,

Is there any update on this topic? Thanks!

hasseli
New member | Level 2

During the last months, I have got so much emails from our customers that they have problems downloading the files. 100% agree with the feedback in this topic. Please take that horrible pop-up box away or do something with it designwise. Really loving Dropbox over competitors but this might be the reason to switch to worse platform.

Martin M
Explorer | Level 4

@_Joshua wrote:

I have been a loyal Dropbox user for many years, but this new addition to the download process is creating a poor experience for my clients and making me appear unprofessional. While I understand Dropbox might benefit from new sign-ups, this practice feels misleading and unethical. Furthermore, the cookie notice issue, though likely unintentional, is creating an even worse experience for your paid business users.

I really hope Dropbox can come to its senses and remove this pop-up box entirely.

The same exact experience our company/team has been having lately, could not sum it up better.
As a result of this, we have:
-more confused clients unable to download the files they want
-more annoyed users having to explain the download process to clients
-need to deal with many spam requests to join our team dropbox

Please fix this, it certainly feels confusing and misleading. 

TAMINOPROD
Helpful | Level 6

Hey @Jay 

Any update on that?

TAMINOPROD
Helpful | Level 6

Hey @Megan 

Do you have any update on that?

Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post