cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I download my entire account's content and maintain the folder structure?

How can I download my entire account's content and maintain the folder structure?

emontellano
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would like to download my entire Dropbox account in one download, rather than go folder by folder because I want to make sure I maintain the folder structure. How do I do this? I have been searching for a long time and have come up dry. I am a team admin and want to make sure I get every single folder on our account.

Do I have to download content by team member? If I download all files for each individual team member will I have duplicates when I re-upload them?
Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @emontellano, thanks for checking in with us!

In general, you can download the contents of an entire Dropbox folder from the website, as long as the folder is less than 20 GB and has fewer than 10,000 files.

However, since you want to download your entire Dropbox account, you can install the desktop app and let it sync, instead.

Once syncing is complete, if you don't need the desktop app running on your computer, you can uninstall it. This will remove the desktop app from your computer but will leave the Dropbox folder on your hard drive.

You can find more info about the Dropbox desktop app here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @emontellano, thanks for checking in with us!

In general, you can download the contents of an entire Dropbox folder from the website, as long as the folder is less than 20 GB and has fewer than 10,000 files.

However, since you want to download your entire Dropbox account, you can install the desktop app and let it sync, instead.

Once syncing is complete, if you don't need the desktop app running on your computer, you can uninstall it. This will remove the desktop app from your computer but will leave the Dropbox folder on your hard drive.

You can find more info about the Dropbox desktop app here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?