cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font changed in PowerPoint file after downloading from Dropbox

Font changed in PowerPoint file after downloading from Dropbox

OUgrad1310
New member | Level 2

Just uploaded a PowerPoint file to and downloaded it to the same computer only to find the font had been changed.  Previous complaints concerning this have had the reply that Dropbox does not change the font and that the problem is that the downloading computer doesn't have the font in the file.  Well this computer generated the file in the font and downloaded the same file with teh font change!

2 Replies 2

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, @OUgrad1310, and thanks for joining our Community.

Indeed, when you upload files to your Dropbox, Dropbox cannot alter those files in any way.

If you download the file from a different web browser, do you see the same behavior?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

OUgrad1310
New member | Level 2

Thank you for the response.  The PowerPoint doc was uploaded via MS Edge.  Unfortunately, I did not download it via another browser and, because it was needing to be shared quickly, I deleted it from DB and did a global replace of the font from APTOS to Times New Roman.  The font didn't change when uploaded with that font.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

OUgrad1310 New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?