cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Dropbox Accounts to Gain Storage Space

Two Dropbox Accounts to Gain Storage Space

Chappell
Explorer | Level 4

Dear Community Members,

Is an individual allowed to open two Dropbox personal accounts using the same, or two different email addresses (on one computer) for the purpose of getting more than 3TB of storage? My goal is to use Dropbox as a backup to my 5TB Google Drive account.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@Chappell wrote:

Is an individual allowed to open two Dropbox personal accounts using the same, or two different email addresses (on one computer) for the purpose of getting more than 3TB of storage?

You can have multiple accounts, but you can only sync one individual account to your computer. You can't link more than one individual account to a device. The only way to link more than one account is if one is part of a paid Business team account and you link an individual account to it. That would allow you to sync both the team account and your individual account.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@Chappell wrote:

Is an individual allowed to open two Dropbox personal accounts using the same, or two different email addresses (on one computer) for the purpose of getting more than 3TB of storage?

You can have multiple accounts, but you can only sync one individual account to your computer. You can't link more than one individual account to a device. The only way to link more than one account is if one is part of a paid Business team account and you link an individual account to it. That would allow you to sync both the team account and your individual account.

Chappell
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for your reply, Rich. My goal is not to sync the Dropbox account(s) but only use them to store my data as a backup to a hard drive. If I want 5TB, I guess I would sign up for a 2TB account at $9.99/mo. and a 3TB account for $18/mo. I suppose I would use one email account with the desktop app and a 2nd email account to access the Dropbox web portal? But I would not be able to see all the data from both accounts in one place?

Rich
Super User II

@Chappell wrote:

I suppose I would use one email account with the desktop app and a 2nd email account to access the Dropbox web portal? But I would not be able to see all the data from both accounts in one place?

Correct.

Chappell
Explorer | Level 4
Rich, thanks for your thorough, helpful reply.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Chappell Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?