cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My dropbox wont sync

My dropbox wont sync

DarrenABA
New member | Level 2

I bought a 2 terabyte Gram laptop to handle my just over 1T Dropbox, but dropbox only downloaded to one of the terabytes, so now my dropbox wont sync

2 Replies 2

Nate_C
Super User

Hi DarrenABA,

Do you know if the 2 TB drive on the laptop is partitioned such that there is not a large enough partition for the Dropbox folder to fit? If you go to the "This PC" window in the Windows File Explorer, it should list drives/partitions and specify the size and free space.

In order to sync your entire Dropbox, there needs to be a partition with enough space to fit the entire Dropbox folder.

Mark
Super User II

To add to what @Nate_C said.... what does Dropbox say if you mouse over its icon on the status bar?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Nate_C Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?