cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Account Feature Request

Family plan with more shared space !

Cotswolds
Explorer | Level 4

Hi....

Is there any movement with regards to the ability to increase the Family Plan Storage Space. The Dropbox statement below hasn't changed for some considerable time - well over a year from memory. 

Thanks in advance 

Dropbox Family plan FAQs - Dropbox Help

Can I buy more storage space?

We’re working on a Family plan with more shared space, but an upgrade isn’t available yet. Individual Family members can free up space by deleting unused files and folders, or they can opt out of Dropbox Family and choose an individual plan that meets their needs.

4 Replies 4

Rogaa
Helpful | Level 5

Good day. In regards to your concern, you can actually upgrade your plan to either our 5TB plan, 9TB, or 15TB respectively. What you can do is to log in to your Family Manager account then click on upgrade on the top right corner of your screen just beside your Avatar . Then you can choose one of these group plans. As soon as you are done upgrading, you need to reinvite your other members to join you as they will be temporarily converted to individual accounts when you upgrade to the team plan. Once invited, they can check their emails and accept the invitation. You will then now have a group plan with more storage space.  Here are the links to route you directly to the upgrade page: Standard 5TB plan 

Dropbox Standard- https://www.dropbox.com/buy/business/standard Business 9TB plan: 

Business Buy- https://www.dropbox.com/buy/business Business Plus 15TB plan : 

Business Plus Buy- https://www.dropbox.com/buy/business-plus Advanced 15TB plan: 

Dropbox Advanced- https://www.dropbox.com/buy/business/advanced . Hope this helps. Thank you. 

Cotswolds
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the reply. However the plans that you're suggesting are business accounts with a minimum of three users plus a substantial uplift in cost for features that are not required for a family but are essential for a company. 

My question was to the Dropbox team to check if there was any update to their existing Family Plan as they had noted a change was in progress .

Thurstan
Explorer | Level 4
2TB between 6 family members doesn’t go far, especially with recent photos and videos all being digital and increasing resolution/sizes.

On the Plus plan you can add 1TB extra storage, but for some reason you can’t on the Family plan. This would attract many more families to the platform.

PCMender
New member | Level 2

Hello

I am looking for an cloud storage account that for my family to use to backup photos from mobile devices, backup import documents, and old family photos/videos. The family account has most of the features I am looking for in a shared account. There are two features I would like see in the family plan the ability to add additional members and purchase additional storage.  The $15/user/month is a little high for a personal account, the most plentiful number of non-profit organizations in the world.  The family plan cost per user is just about right for faimly. A joint account will reduce the overhead of managing an account, reduced cost to helping justifing moving from free services and allow family members secure access to import documents in the event they are unable to access the document themselves. 

I know we can meet our needs with mupltiple accounts but multple accounts are more diffultcult to manage and the addtional costs of multiple accounts will be harder to justify over free options or other lower tech options. 

The current faimly plan is $3.33/user/month. I would be willing to pay for each addtional users and for the ability to purchase additional storage. 

Aaron

Need more support?