cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claiming my 2TB free space

Claiming my 2TB free space

brendamata
New member | Level 2

Hey!

I newly bought a Dell computer which comes with 2TB of space in my Dropbox account, could some let me know how to activate it?

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@brendamata wrote:

I newly bought a Dell computer which comes with 2TB of space in my Dropbox account, could some let me know how to activate it?

Make sure you use the Dropbox application that's already installed on the computer. If you install Dropbox yourself, you could lose the ability to redeem the promotion.

brendamata
New member | Level 2

There was not and it is not a Dropbox app in this computer... its never showed me this option and when I did not installed it... I managed just to find dropbox light to log in with my account... never the normal Dropbox app. 

It is very bad that it is not instructions provided for this anyway. 

Mark
Super User II

@brendamata wrote:

It is very bad that it is not instructions provided for this anyway. 

As its a Dell product that is not being helpful (i.e. with the software etc.) you need to speak to them. They are the ones that preinstall it.

Note that if the software is NOT preinstalled and you have to do it via the website it isn't eligible for space. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

robertothomas860
New member | Level 2

Follow below steps to see whether it's helpful

Verify Your Dell Promotion:

In some cases, Dell may provide a promotional code or a link to activate the additional storage. Check any documentation that came with your Dell computer or visit the Dell website to see if there are instructions or a link to claim your extra storage.

Contact Dropbox Support:

If you have trouble activating the 2TB of space or can't find any instructions from Dell, you can contact Dropbox support for assistance. They can help you verify and activate the additional storage.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

robertothomas860 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    brendamata New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?