cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team member lost file access after Business account downgraded.

Team member lost file access after Business account downgraded.

msebeling
Explorer | Level 3

As an admin, I recently downgraded my Professional Account with 3 users to a Basic Account, due to the closure of the business. I was unaware that one of the users had files saved in the account that he can no longer access. I want him to be able to get his files, but I do not want to sign up for another year with my business closed (I would pay something so he could get his work back). How can I support him getting this things?

Dropbox Screenshot.jpg

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @msebeling, welcome to our Community! 

Just to clarify, and make sure we're on the same page: did you downgrade your Business plan, while the member was still part of the team, or did you remove them from the team first? 

When you access your Dropbox account, are you able to locate the user's files there? What does the member see when clicking on "See next steps" on the screenshot mentioned above? 

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

msebeling
Explorer | Level 3

I downgraded my Business plan, while the member was still part of the team. I was unaware he had other files that he needed. I could not access his files when he was on my Business plan, and I cannot see them now. When he clicks on the "see next steps," it says, "Your Business trial has ended. You can't upload files or folders. To resume uploads, contact your admin." As an admin, I cannot see how to help or what next steps might be. Thank you.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to jump in here, @msebeling.

Just to clarify, was the Business trial cancelled, or did it just expire?

If it just expired, you're probably in what we call a 'locked state', which limits access to the accounts that were on the team.

Once you disband the team, everyone will go back to the accounts they had before the trial and any personal files will still be in the accounts.

Let me know if that's the case.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    msebeling Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?