cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find my account

Find my account

realjun97
Explorer | Level 3
i’m a paid account subscriber. I can't remember the account email I'm subscribing to, so I'm having trouble logging in. My personal paid subscription account is [removed per the Community's Guidelines]. I logged in with this account, and it is connected to the dropbox of a regular empty account, not a paid account. Tell me the solution.
21 Replies 21

realjun97
Explorer | Level 3
Yes, I can access the dropbox through that email. By the way, I didn't understand what the plan page for the account means.

Rich
Super User II

@realjun97 wrote:
I didn't understand what the plan page for the account means.

What plan does it show you as having on your Plan page?

realjun97
Explorer | Level 3
Dropbox Basic
(upgrade button)

personal dropbox 2G / 0byte

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for clarifying that for us @realjun97 

It seems that both of your accounts are on the Basic plan. Do you happen to have another Dropbox account associated with a different email of yours perhaps? 

Also, when did you upgrade your account in the first place?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

realjun97
Explorer | Level 3
I can't remember what it is if I have an account that I signed up for with another email. Is there any way to find the account? The first time to upgrade is September 13, 2020.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @realjun97, since your upgrade is being handled by the App Store, I’m afraid our support team won’t be able to see much on their end. 

Can you please try to contact Apple about this, so that they can confirm the email address of the upgrade? 

If that doesn’t work out though, let me know and we can log a ticket for you, as the next step.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

realjun97
Explorer | Level 3
How should I ask Apple? I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how. And I wonder what log a ticket means if it can't be solved by this method.

Mark
Super User II

You will need to speak to Apple Support via the Apple App Store help system. You can usually do that via iTunes. 

Dropbox has no control, or access to, any payments or plan info for stuff via Apple Stores. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

yoon jun
Explorer | Level 3

After contacting Apple Customer Center, we confirmed that the dropbox subscription and payment account is [removed per Community Guidelines] . In addition, after logging into dropbox with the account above, I pressed the upgrade button and it shows that I'm already subscribed. In the end, it's clear that the login account is currently subscribed for a fee, and after re-logging, all the existing data were deleted and the capacity was lowered to the basic version. Your company should give you a responsible answer on this part. In addition, please let me know the email address where I can directly consult e-mail other than this community.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @yoon jun, if you’d like to log a ticket with our support team instead, please open another browser on your computer, and go to this page.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    yoon jun Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?