cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox stole money from my account

Dropbox stole money from my account

Philene van Niekerk
New member | Level 2
Please does anyone know how to get a refund I had a basic plan gave no consent to an upgrade and Dropbox stole money from my banking account
6 Replies 6

Philene van Niekerk
New member | Level 2
Please assist me I had Dropbox illegally take money off my account I just had a basic plan free trial and I was upgraded now without consent and had money taken without consent
Philenevniekerk@gmail.com

Mark
Super User II

Did you give Dropbox your card information? If you added it here (or an App Store etc.) then the charge is genuine and you've almost certainly not cancelled a free trial. If you did not then somebody has cloned your card and so you need to speak to your card provider. 

To contact support go to www.dropbox.com/support WHILE NOT LOGGED IN - even to here. So try an incognito window. This may also help you find the upgraded account: https://help.dropbox.com/billing/find-credit-card-charge

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Philene van Niekerk
New member | Level 2
I did not give my card information to Dropbox or consent to an upgrade, I just did a basic free plan and got money deducted now from my account
I want a refund as I did not consent to upgrade or have money taken from my card for any subscriptions

Philenevniekerk@gmail.com

Mark
Super User II

wrote:
Please assist me I had Dropbox illegally take money off my account I just had a basic plan free trial and I was upgraded now without consent and had money taken without consent.

So if you had a free trial then you have consented to the upgrade. Dropbox very very clearly tells you that you will be charged after said trial. It also emails you confirmation of this. 

Info: https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Philene van Niekerk
New member | Level 2
I did not consent to this, this is daylight robbery. I also didn't give my card details???

Mark
Super User II

@Philene van Niekerk  wrote:
I did not consent to this, this is daylight robbery. I also didn't give my card details???

Then you need to speak to your bank and card provider, not Dropbox, because somebody has cloned your card.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Philene van Niekerk New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?