cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What is the best plan to support 15 users to each upload vacation pix to my new dropbox account?

What is the best plan to support 15 users to each upload vacation pix to my new dropbox account?

rastronut
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've been tasked to create a shared location / folder with subfolders so that each traveler can upload their photos to my dropbox account.  I expect to need approx 1-2TB.  What is the best plan to purchase to support access to all these users to be able to upload and download ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@rastronut wrote:

Can this be done without the vacationer's needing their own dropbox account ?

With a shared folder, no. Each member of a shared folder needs their own account with enough available space to hold the entire content of the folder.

Could I then share a link to each subfolder so that they could download the photos?

Yes. If they only need download access, use a File Request for them to upload, and then a view-only Shared Link for them to download. No account necessary for them.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@rastronut wrote:

I've been tasked to create a shared location / folder with subfolders so that each traveler can upload their photos to my dropbox account.  I expect to need approx 1-2TB.  What is the best plan to purchase to support access to all these users to be able to upload and download ?

If you plan on using a shared folder, then every member of the folder would need an account with enough available storage in their account to hold the entire folder. So if you're expecting to use 1-2TB of space in the share, EVERY member of that shared folder would need to upgrade to at least a Plus account.

If you only need them to be able to upload files to you and they won't need to access the files after upload, you can use a File Request which allows anyone to upload files to you without needing an account. Only you would need to upgrade to at least a Plus plan to have enough storage.

rastronut
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks Rich for your prompt reply!

Actually I need for each vacationer to be able to upload their photos to a shared dropbox designated folder/subfolder and then to allow each vacationer to then access all the subfolders to download any photos.  Can this be done without the vacationer's needing their own dropbox account ?  Could I then share a link to each subfolder so that they could download the photos?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@rastronut wrote:

Can this be done without the vacationer's needing their own dropbox account ?

With a shared folder, no. Each member of a shared folder needs their own account with enough available space to hold the entire content of the folder.

Could I then share a link to each subfolder so that they could download the photos?

Yes. If they only need download access, use a File Request for them to upload, and then a view-only Shared Link for them to download. No account necessary for them.

Need more support?