cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized Direct Debit charges from Dropbox! Help please!

Unauthorized Direct Debit charges from Dropbox! Help please!

Roxy3
New member | Level 2

Hello, I need your support, please, as I'm very disappointed with Dropbox! I've been charged every month since March via direct debit, and I never authorized these transactions. I’ve logged into my account, but there’s no option to cancel the subscription! Is there another way to stop these payments and cancel the account? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Roxy3, let's jump right into this!

First thing to check is if you upgraded directly through Dropbox or iTunes/Google Play? Also, do you use an individual plan?

Have you tried to contact Dropbox Support directly for this?

You can visit the Support page while you're not signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Once you do, feel free to send me the ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on my end.

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Roxy3
New member | Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for this! I’ve tried everything suggested, but I was hoping to contact Dropbox directly through email instead of going through the website. Is there an email I can use to reach them directly?

Thanks again!
Roxy

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey Roxy, thanks for the fast reply!

If you follow the steps I provided above, you should be able to contact our Support team. There's not a specific email address we give out, but that way you can open a communication with our Team.

Have you tried it by any chance? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mark
Super User II

@Roxy3 wrote:

I've been charged every month since March via direct debit, and I never authorized these transactions.

Did you give Dropbox your bank details? They cannot charge you without. If you did not then its not Dropbox you need to speak to it is your bank as somebody is defrauding you. And they will do it elsewhere. 

If you did then its legitimate and you've probably not cancelled a trial. You can contact support as has been said via www.dropbox.com/support BUT you need to be logged out to do so - even here. An incognito window often works well.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Roxy3 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?